When you are about to copy a file to your USB drive, a prompt "disk is write protected" pops up. In order to prevent the original disk was mistakenly deleted, disk has write protection function, after open this function will not be able to to write any data on the disk, also can't delete data, how to remove the disk is write protected the?
1. The USB drive is written with the following words:
First of all, the USB drive itself. If you have a small switch with write protection on your USB drive, you just need to dial it. If not, then you have to prepare some guy: unwrapped your USB drive, find the copper, which should be a copper is hollow, as long as he dial up and made him and above all the copper contacts. If it's a memory card, there's usually a card reader, and there's a little switch on the card reader, just push it off.
If it is not for the reason of the USB flash drive itself, the USB drive virus needs to be killed. If not, the USB flash drive will be formatted.
2. The mobile hard disk is protected by write:
Because the mobile hard disk lacks the function of write protection switch. But you can write software to protect your mobile hard drive.
1. The first thing to know is that there is no write protection switch like the USB flash drive on almost all mobile shifting disks so far.
To realize the write protection function of the mobile hard disk, it is usually to format the mobile hard disk into the NTFS format, and then set the user rights to achieve the write protection of the mobile hard disk. A typical mobile hard drive should be protected by this method.
2. There are two ways to remove the write protection of mobile hard disk:
The first is to log into the system with a user account that has write permissions on a mobile hard drive. Right-click on the removable hard disk character, select properties, and then select security. You can see what permissions those users of the system have on the mobile hard drive. The home of USB drive
3.The second is to log in with the administrator account, copy the important data to the hard drive, right click "my computer", "management", "disk management". Find the mobile hard drive in the next window and repartition the format.
4. We can change the hard disk from FAT32 to NTFS format:
So how do you transfer FAT32 to NTFS? Generally, the USB flash drive is in FAT32 format. Now let's convert it into NTFS format:
If your USB drive is an H drive in your computer, win+r input cmd.exe (that is, start DOS, Windows) or the command prompt in the attachment.
5. Using the convert command, note that the convert command cannot convert the current disk, so it operates under any disk symbol other than the L disk.
Enter the following command, convert L: /fs: NTFS /nosecurity /x, to solve the problem.
This method can only be used in emergencies. Relogin may cause write protection problems again.
6. We can solve the problem of writing protection of hard disk by reorganizing the strategy:
When the write protection problem occurs again after restart, please do the following operations: select the right button of the USB drive character, attribute - hardware, and select attribute - policy:
7. The hard disk can also be protected by modifying the registry:
Open the registry win+r (start - run) and type regedit.exe.
8. Enter the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/StorageDevicePolicies. If there is no StorageDevicePolicies, set this button.
9. The general solution at the end of the above operation is: if the problem still cannot be solved, you can try to reboot with the USB drive. After the system is restarted, insert the USB flash drive, and the USB drive operation returns to normal.
The last thing I want to remind you is that in addition to modifying the registry, both of the above methods can only solve the USB drive write protection problem once and for all, so be careful. At the same time, if the format conversion, FAT32 to NTFS data will not be lost, but vice versa.